The Self-Sufficient Homestead
October 23, 2014, 01:36:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Straw-Bosses will be adding & reorganizing the message boards, so be patient. Johnny MAX

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000 dollar house show  (Read 1583 times)
BearGulch
Goat Herder

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »

I loved it. I think that we are in a period of profound change in our economy. the notion of having a home that is debt free (except that rent that we call taxes) is going to be the wave of the future. If you can live in it for 3-5 years and rathole your money, you''d have the funds to build a very nice conventional home.

Most of our grandparents would kick our butts if they saw the size of the mortgages that we now carry. Our home is modest and was a steal at the price. It is also the home that my wife grew up in. I have the lovely mature fruit trees that my FIL planted in the mid 1970s. But I see many folks who have a 4500 sq foot home and they are drowning. I loved the show and the reminder of weighing wants versus needs.
Johnny Max
Big Straw-Boss
Plantation Owner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:42:50 PM »

Thanks for the positive feedback BG. You are so right, we need to be realistic and stay away from those huge mortgages and huge houses. We don't need them. They just drain us and make us slaves to debt!

BearGulch
Goat Herder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »

I think that we're headed for a correction that will make the Great Depression look like a supper on the lawn. I ain't really a black helocopter guy, but when you have this smart a group of people routinely making the 180 degree out decision, you have to wonder.

This Sunday I will be giving a little lesson on keeping poultry in our Sunday School meetings. I am LDS as serve as a counselor to our bishop. This weekend will mark 4 years in service and all of that time we have felt prompted ( for those of you who believe in that ) to prepare our members for a coming problem. Four years ago, folks snickered at us. Not so much now.

As soon as I can scrape up some extra cash, I will send u some to keep the podcast and board going. You fill a need and, I believe, are doing Heavenly Fathers work. I want to that you and the Queen for your hard work!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: